Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu #49 at the seashore (Vision Quest reprise)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's Wednesday again and that means ... time for a new Tokubetsudesu episode. Instead of what I wrote in our prompt-list of this month (drought) I have chosen for another theme at the seashore. This has all to do with the choice of the special feature.
Tokubetsudesu gives me the opportunity to bring back special features we have had here at our Haiku Kai. This week that 'former' feature will be Carpe Diem's Vision Quest.
Do you remember that feature? Three days on a row to write haiku inspired on a theme and for every part only 24 hours to respond and if possible with a slight sauce of cohesion to bind the three haiku together.


So for this Tokubetsudesu episode I love to challenge you to go on a Vision Quest with me. There is only a slightly little difference with the original feature. You have to use the three prompts, all with the same theme, in three different haiku and there has to be some cohesion that binds the three haiku together.
For this challenge I will give you 24 hours extra time to respond. Here is the theme: at the seashore and these are the three prompts you have to use:

1. waves
2. seagulls
3. sundown

Credits: at the seashore
This new challenging episode of our Tokubetsudesu feature is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 27th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, lagoon, later on.

6 comments:

  1. Since I write a day in advance, and I already wrote for the drought prompt, I'll stick with that. Thanks for your understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Magical Mystery Teacher, your haiku are very good, but I am offended that you disregard Chevrefeuille, and punish his creativity by and putring haiku about drought. I really take issue with this and feel you should withdraw the link. You have plenty of time to compose haiku on the given theme as requested.
    As I said, I find this approach quite offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done my best to work with given prompt words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having no ocean nearby, I've used the prompt words to reflect my desert habitat. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very often i write and post only to realise that my post is in sync, so i then link up; happens

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun. Maybe next time? :)

    ReplyDelete