Monday, June 15, 2015

Carpe Diem #756 summer passing


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are still on trail with Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku" in which she has gathered wonderful modern kigo (seasonwords) for all seasons and this month at CDHK specifically summer. As summer is passing the weather changes and the temperatures are becoming less high ... summer is running to an end, as around August first.

Summer passing is our prompt for today and here are a few haiku composed by Jane Reichhold whom I am grateful to that I may use her haiku ... thank you Jane. (I bow my head in admiration for what you have accomplished for us haiku poets).

Jane Reichhold
a cool wind
summer passes
before it begins

late summer
even hotter by the breath
of dragonflies

mid-summer
the sadness of knowing
days grow shorter

© Jane Reichhold

Above haiku by Jane are from the second edition of her "A Dictionary of Haiku" which was published in 2013. Jane send it as a gift and I am so happy that she did and that I have the opportunity and permission to use all of her wonderful haiku. She is, in my opinion, the best and most gifted haiku poetess of our time, and I am grateful that I had the opportunity to get to know her.

naked
between summer flowers
dreaming of next summer

tears shed
on my naked body ...
summer is passing

© Chèvrefeuille


I hope you did like this episode of our CDHK ... it gives me a great feeling of summer. How about you?

This episode will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 18th at noon (CET). Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. what a handsome guy used for your haikus! I am glad I discovered your blog and I thank you for introducing me to Jane's talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my how I love summer haiku!! your series are so delicious.

    ReplyDelete