Thursday, March 7, 2013

Carpe Diem #139, Shitamoe (sprouting grasses and forbs)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am in a shock ... why? Well yesterday we had two entries which were fake-websites so I had to delete a few links in our linking widget. I don't understand why people are doing that kind of things, but ... well ... I hope that those links haven't had an effect on your websites/weblogs.
OK ... back to our Carpe Diem episode.
Today we share haiku on Shitamoe (sprouting grasses and forbs) I think this is a wonderful prompt for this time of year ... early Spring ... bare branches becoming a faint greenish color, buds start to open, field flowers start blooming and birds are preparing their nests.


A haiku by Buson:

waga kaeru michi ikusuji zo haru no kusa 

Coming back --
So many pathways
Through the spring grass
 



Another one now written by Issa:

tsui-tsui to kusa ni tachitaru haru hi kana

rising over
the swishing grasses...
spring sun 


Credits: Sprouting grasses

Isn't it wonderful? To see how nature's coming to life again ... after the cold dark winter?

sprouting grasses
peeping through the last snow -
finally Spring


finally Spring
buds bursting open in sunlight -
Mother Nature awakens



I hope that you enjoyed the read and I hope that you're inspired to write haiku on this starting of Spring kigo Shitamoe. Have fun.

This prompt will stay on 'till March 9th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will publish our new episode later on today around 10.00 PM (CET). That will be Hamaguri (cherrystone clam).




  

8 comments:

  1. Lovely feeling. I can't wait for this to happen. And I love the forbs :-) new word for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing your green sprouts through the snow! Thankfully we don't have any snow at the moment but in March, anything is possible. I loved this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed there have been a few fakes before--this is common for people to get traffic to their sites. This is one of the reason many of us have to approve comments before they post--so our comments aren't selling stuff. Hopefully they will stop pestering you! Good haiku here--this is hard! Going to have to look up "forbs" since I don't know what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely prompt. I didn't know what forbes are so I learned something new, which is always great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely prompt. Your haiku has me wishing it were warm enough here now to see me buds. But alas, we haven't had that yet. I will write of it regardless. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely but a hard prompt for me haha ^^
    Mother Nature awakens ---- very lovely indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely haiku Kristjaan, very well done as always.
    I just about managed to get today's two posts completed before bedtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am woefully behind. S.A.D. sneaked up on me and pounced with vigor. My physician advised to be patient and when the sun returned (it finally did) and days were longer (thank you daylight savings time) I would again be able to come out of hibernation and write seriously again. It seems to be true

    So, I do apologize for being so far behind. The prompts you work so hard at, seemed like Greek to me..and I know you write them to be clear as a bell.

    Thank you for all your hard work...

    Peace
    Sigi

    ReplyDelete