Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Carpe Diem #144, Yuki no hate (end of snow)



Dear Haijin, vistors and travelers,

Yesterday we had Zansetsu, remaining snow, for prompt, but today we will go a step further. Today we share haiku on Yuki no hate (end of snow). End of snow means ... finally Spring and that's were it's all about this month. We are busy with mid-Spring and yes in mid Spring we can have showers of snow, as we had here the last few days. But there will be soon coming end to snow (I hope) so let's look closer to this classical Japanese kigo, Yuki no hate (end of snow).

I have found a wonderful haiku written by Issa on the last snow:

ume no ki no tsure ni nokoru [ya] kado no yuki


keeping company
with the plum tree--
the gate's last snow

I have sought all of my sources, but couldn't find a haiku with or prompt for today in it. Maybe someone of you, my dear friends can find one.

snowman melts 
in the Spring sunlight 
end of snow

end of snow
finally nature's recovering
trees and bushes bloom


trees and bushes bloom
a little shade of green on bare branches
end of snow


This prompt will stay on 'till March 15th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Nehane (Nirvana Ceremony, Buddha's Nirvana anniversary), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).

Have fun, be inpsired and share your haiku with our haiku community.





6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kristjaan, for your kind, welcoming message on my blog. And thank you for hosting this service. I am experienced when it comes to writing traditional poetry but writing haiku is totally new to me. It is fun! It is challenging and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! ...enjoyed the Issa selection as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a problem with my blog post yesterday. The link is good and on today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very late posting today. Have a cold, and yesterday evening I just went to bed....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristjaan,
    I've been very busy with studies and family... Glad to be able to done one this week.
    Thanks,
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris,
    Am still catching up ... the muse must have been buried by the winter storms.☺

    So far, tonite, despite the arrival of winter storm Ukko (Maine can get winter storms well into April some years...hoping this is the last one...☺ Another
    12 inches of fluffy white snow ... at least not too much rain wit it as can happen on the coast.

    Peace,
    Siggi


    ReplyDelete