Monday, March 11, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #26, Onitsura's Camellia



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today our second Carpe Diem Special of this month. I think I have found a wonderful haiku written by our haiku master of this month, Onitsura. The Camellia is a wonderful winterflower and it blooms from February 'til May, so a perfect prompt for Mid-Spring. It really is a nice haiku and it has something of Uraraka (tranquility, serenity) our prompt of yesterday.



mizu irete hachi ni uketaru tsubaki kana

putting in the water
the vase received
the camellia

Credits: Camellia on a vase

Feel free, enjoy the fun, be creative and share your haiku with Carpe Diem's haiku-community.

This Special prompt will stay on 'til March 13th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).





5 comments:

  1. Wonderful haiku to write about, and I could not avoid doing one influenced by Alexandre Dumas... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am using iPhone web server down waiting for new modem also can not get to my blog to sign so no post for a week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kristjaan. This is indeed a masterful Haiku to use as a prompt. Not easy, but still fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haiku about flowers are so hard...it takes such a delicate touch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't recall ever seeing a camellia, but researching them, I am now in awe of their beauty and understand their significance in many peoples hearts and souls.
    Thank you for the wonderful prompt.

    When the month started, I didn't know how I would make it thru with the prompts, they seemed so difficult and unyielding....Now I LOVE the classical prompts.☺

    Peace,
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete