Sunday, June 3, 2018

Carpe Diem #1445 cooling on the porch (hashi-i)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend full of joy, pleasure, peace and inspiration. Welcome at a new episode of our Kai. This month we are exploring classical kigo (seasonwords) of Summer (and Winter). As you can remember in the first new episode of this month I mentioned to also give a Winter kigo for our participants on the Southern Hemisphere. For those participants I have chosen the following classical winter kigo: winter seclusion (fuyugomori), it's from the same saijiki-part, humanity, as our summer kigo. I will try to do that every episode.

Cooling On The Porch (hashi-i)
Today's classical kigo to work with is very clear I think. Isn't it a joy to cool down on the porch with nice beer or glass of wine after a warm summer day? I for sure would enjoy that, but I don't have a porch to cool down. After a warm (or hot) summer day I enjoy the coolness of my backyard. Sometimes completely naked, but not always of course. Our backyard gives us a lot of privacy, so resting there in the nude isn't a problem.

in the mansion's backyard
the breeze cherishes my naked body
ah! that sweet coolness ...


© Chèvrefeuille

Looks somewhat artificial, because I had some trouble to create this haiku in the classical way, as is the goal this month too. Well ... you all know that I am not a big fan of the classical way of writing haiku. So to me this is a real "ordeal", but if I asked it of you I have to do it myself too.

If I would "redo" this one into my way of writing haiku than it would be:

in the backyard
the evening breeze
coolness


© Chèvrefeuille (experimental haiku)

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CEST) and will remain open until June 10th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment