Friday, July 27, 2018

Carpe Diem Weekend Meditation #43 Troiku Challenge: My Lucky Tea


!! Open for your submissions next Sunday July 29th at 7:00 PM (CEST) !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We have had a wonderful week here at CDHK and now we can take a rest ... it's time for a new weekend meditation. This weekend I have chosen for a Troiku Challenge. Maybe you can remember what that means. I will give you two haiku to work with. First you have to create a so called "fusion"-haiku and second ... with that "fusion"-haiku you have to create a Troiku. Troiku is a nice creative way of working with haiku that I invented back in 2012. More on Troiku you can find above in the menu.

For this Troiku Weekend-Meditation I have chosen two haiku by Kobayashi Issa (1763-1828), one of the five greatest haiku poets ever. His haiku are k niwn for the simple choice of words, but also for it's emotions. Issa had a tough life in which he had to deal with several very sad things. For example his children died on a very young age.

Mount Fuji (Japan, Honshu Island)

Here are the haiku to work with:

tonight's moon--
how many mountains resemble
the ones back home?

going outside
plum blossoms dive in...
my lucky tea

© Kobayashi Issa (Tr. David G. Lanoue)

By the way "lucky tea" is the first cup of tea on New Year's Day.

Two beauties by Issa. I hope these will awaken your muse and will inspire you to create first a "fusion"-haiku and than a Troiku with your "fusion"-haiku. Enjoy your weekend.

This weekend meditation is open for your submissions next Sunday July 29th at 7:00 PM (CEST) and will remain open until August 5th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new regular episode around that same time. For now .... have fun!


2 comments:

  1. I was always fascinated by your created form, the Troiku - and I've been sitting with this weekend meditation and wondering "If" ...
    with grave doubts

    "IF" I might find haiku and fusion haiku in spirit
    and in some way, inspiration has come ...

    but perhaps not exactly as elegantly as Issa ~ (laughing in delight) which is okay; I think I can sing my own songs :)

    but oh, what a delightful challenge! thank you for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I invented the troiku back in 2012 I was searching for a challenge myself ... Troiku is a really nice creative way of haiku-ing and I am glad that you like this challenge.

      Delete