Thursday, November 21, 2019

Carpe Diem #1785 Hoarfrost (kigo for winter)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I know you all like to create haiku with a given kigo (seasonword) as we have seen here often at CDHK. So today, in our month with "Never Change A Winning Team", I have a nice kigo for you to work with. Today I love to challenge you with the following kigo: Hoarfrost.

What is "hoarfrost"? Hoarfrost is a grayish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapor formed in clear still weather on vegetation, fences, etc.. Here in The Netherlands we have seen that already this month. Just recently we had still weather and it was a bit misty ... and it was cold ... so the world looked awesome as described in the definition of "hoarfrost" above.


Hoarfrost

Today your task is to create a classical haiku, following the classical rules as you can read in our Carpe Diem Lecture 1 above in the menu.

Here is one about "hoarfrost" chosen from my archives, it's not a classical haiku, but ... well I hope you will forgive me for that.

fragile beauty
cranberries covered with sugar
first hoarfrost

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 28th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new weekend meditation later on. For now ... be inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment