Monday, November 25, 2019

Carpe Diem #1786 & #1787 (double episode)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today I have a double episode for you, because during circumstances I couldn't publish yesterday. So this episode I will give you two themes to work with, both episodes have their own linking widget.

(#1786) Renga with Chèvrefeuille.

For this first part of this double episode I have chosen for "Renga With Chèvrefeuille", I will give you six haiku written by myself and extracted from my personal website "Chèvrefeuille's Haikublog". The goal is to add your own two lined stanza to make the Renga (Junicho = a 12 stanza renga) complete. You may choose your own "line-up".

reaching for the sun
lotus flowers blooms from the mud
old pond changes

deep silence
even deeper as the nightingale starts to sing
beautiful life

snow falls gently
covers up the autumn fields
faraway sounds


Reflections

reflections
scattered by autumn leaves
the old pond

a last leaf
swirls on the wind towards the east -
first snow falls gently

farewell verse
as I depart from the train station
forget me not

© Chèvrefeuille

NOW OPEN for your submissions until December 2nd at noon (CET).




(#1787) Modern kigo

For the second part of this episode I have chosen a modern kigo taken from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku". It's an autumn kigo. As you all know Jane was once my co-host here at CDHK and she is still missed. So create your haiku in honor of her.

Here is the theme: Autumn Equinox

And here are a few examples of haiku with this modern kigo created by Jane Reichhold (1937-2016):

autumn equinox
cool wind comes scented
sun-hot pine needles

autumn equinox
putting porch furniture away
getting it out again

© Jane Reichhold

Autumn Equinox

Two beauties by Jane ... and now it is up to you to create haiku with this modern kigo. This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 2nd at noon (CET). Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment