Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Carpe Diem #1784 soaking wet (Crossroads)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This month our theme is "Never Change A Winning Team" and it's all about haiku, my first love. In the seven years of CDHK I have always tried to stay with my first love, haiku, but that changed during the years.

From the haiku I invented a few new poetry forms, like the Troiku and the "fusion-ku". Today I love to bring both forms together. I have chosen two haiku by one of the renown classical masters and your task is to create a "fusion-ku" and to create a Troiku with that "fusion-ku".


Pampas Grass

Here are the two haiku to work with:

soaking wet
I can’t read the letters
on the signpost

walking through
the bush clover, the pampas grass,
walking on through them

© Santoka Taneda

Two nice haiku by Santoka Taneda I would say, maybe you can remember them, because I used them earlier here at our wonderful Kai.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 27th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on. For now ... enjoy the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment