Saturday, October 12, 2013

Carpe Diem #321, Tea (provided by Cathy Tenzo)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a coincedence, we have a Tan Renga Challenge running with a haiku by Cathy and our today's prompt is also provided by Cathy. Today our prompt is Tea (provided by Cathy Tenzo) and I can recall that I have used it earlier. I don't remember if it was here or at my base weblog Chèvrefeuilles haiku-blog. I think it was at my base weblog where I had a weekly (and later a bi-weekly) haiku meme titled "Tackle It Tuesday", but maybe I will come to that later on in this post.


A Perfect Cup of Tea

Tea ... not my favorite hot-drink. I am more of a Coffee guy, but ... I enjoy my late evening cup of tea, Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) with honey and cinnamon.
Rooibos, a plant from Southern Africa, is a nice tasteful kind of tea and it's very soothing and calming ... so ... it's a 'good before going to sleep'- drink.


Flowers of Rooibos (Aspalathus Linearis)

drinking tea with friends
on the verandah at midnight -
Nigthingale's song

(c) Chèvrefeuille, your host

This prompt will stay on 'till October 14th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Buddha (provided by Patricia), later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). So have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with our Haiku Kai.
!! Tea is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!



3 comments:

  1. Your haiku today is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a serene haiku... I loved it.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that way of taking tea... very beautiful

    ReplyDelete