Sunday, October 20, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #63, Garry Gay's "New Snow"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I wasn't aware that I had to prepare a new Special episode, maybe this comes through the Tan Renga Challenge for which I have chosen a haiku by Garry Gay, so I thought maybe that was our new Special.

Today another nice haiku written by our featured haiku poet Garry Gay this one is titled "New Snow" and going along with this haiku he has photographed the next scene:


A wonderful photo of fresh fallen snow, the haiku which goes with this photo is the following:

new snow--
the path you made last night
has gone with you

(c) Garry Gay

The goal of this Carpe Diem Special is to write a haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one written by our featured haiku-poet, and so ... your haiku has the spirit or the touch of the haiku by Garry Gay. 

My attempt to write a new haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one by Garry:




autumn wind
last leaves of the Red Maple fall -
bare branches

(c) Chèvrefeuille

I hope you like this new Carpe Diem Special ... and I hope that the haiku by Garry inspires you to write a new haiku. Have fun, enjoy and share.
This Special episode will stay on 'til October 22th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET).
!! This Special is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!



3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely haiku to work with! Thank you, Kristjaan! (I very much like how you took Garry Gay's haiku and transformed it into your own--set in an entirely different season.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haiku - yours is very poignant Chevrefeuille, and opens the mind to the bareness and emptiness of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy I'm not the only one who stayed in autumn! Our color is peaking right now and I can think of nothing else! Thanks for all your hard work, Kristjaan! I love these specials where you highlight a particular poet!

    ReplyDelete