Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #61, Garry Gay's "Sweat Lodge"



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another new episode of Carpe Diem Special. As you all know this anniversary month I have the opportunity to share haiku written by Garry Gay, modern haiku-poet, photographer and president of the American Haiku Society.
The goal is to write a new haiku in the same sense, tone and Spirit as the one by Garry Gay. So have fun, be inspired and share your haiku inspired on the one by Garry with our Haiku Kai.


(c) photo by Garry Gay

sweat lodge -
my only vision
is of the cool water


A wonderful haiku I think ... now it's up to you to write a new haiku inspired on this beauty by Garry. My attempt you can read here-after.


hot summer day
dreaming of a mountain brook
to cool down


I like this new haiku. Is it in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one by Garry? I think so ... what do you think?

This Special will stay on 'til October 10th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode of Carpe Diem later on today. That will be desert island (provided by myself).
!! This Special is open for your submissions as 7.00 PM (CET) !!



6 comments:

  1. That was a good choice of haiku - and yes,yours does reflect his, and has more realism - that is exactly the feeling one has when out hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you wrote in the Garry Gay spirit quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully done, Kristjaan. You captured the spirit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the feeling of your haiku.. perfect reflection.. I had to write a sauna haiku though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your haiku is awesome...wonderful capture of the sense of Garry Gay's.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is still the 10th where I am, so,

    http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2013/10/11/heat-relief/ ‎

    ReplyDelete