Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Carpe Diem "Make the haiku complete" #1


Good day dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Not so long ago I published a Sneak Preview about our second year of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. In that post I looked back and I looked forward into our future. As I recall I even wrote that I had a few thoughts about new features here on Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Today I love to introduce the first episode of a new feature on Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. It's somewaht similar with our Tan Renga Challenge, but in this feature you have to complete a haiku with one our two lines.
The haiku which you have to complete will be a haiku written by one of the classic haiku-poets, modern poets and maybe haiku written by one of you. Time will tell how this new feature will be doing, but for now I love to try this new feature four (4) times in a scheme of one episode bi-weekly.

The first haiku which I will give here is a haiku written by myself. To complete this haiku you have to write a new third line to it. I hope you will like this new feature.




I wrote this haiku november 2011 and it was a prompt of another meme-website ...

cicadas singing
in the last rays of light -
..................................

The goal is, as I said above ... to write a third line to this haiku. Please copy and paste the incomplete haiku into your post and enclose your third line.

Have fun!

This episode of Carpe Diem "make the haiku complete", will stay on 'till October 22th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will (try) to post the new episode later on that day.
This first episode is now open for your submissions. And please let me know if you like this new feature.



3 comments: