Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Carpe Diem #336, Galaxy provided by Bjorn)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This is the final prompt of our first year anniversary. It's was a joy to celebrate this with you all. I loved all the prompt I have used, all suggested by you dear friends, thank you for your warm love and participation in Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. And let this haiku-family grow further ... it's fun to write haiku and sometimes not easy to do, but always haiku writing is awesome and I see and read that every day again in all of your wonderful haiku. Let's go ... to our next anniversary (smiles).


Today our prompt is Galaxy and it's provided by Bjorn of Bjorn Rudbergs Writings and I think this prompt needs no introduction.
We are all part of the Greater Thing and we are part of the Universe in which our Galaxy, the Milky Way, is our place in that unending universe. This prompt can lead us to every place in that Universe even beyond the not seen boundaries of our Galaxy. So have fun, let your inspiration flow and share your haiku with us all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, a great haiku-family.


Orion's Belt
brighter than ever
in a moonless night


in a moonless night
wandering over the heath -
the Milky Way


the Milky Way
a path of thousand stars -
like a river


Orion's Belt

Well ... what do you say about these haiku .... I personally am proud on the second ... that's a wonderful one very much in touch with the prompt and a bit of Zen in it.

This prompt will stay on 'till November 1st 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our first episode of our Tan Renga Challenge month, a haiku by Jessica of Like an Apple, later on around 7.00 PM (CET).
!! Galaxy is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !! 



8 comments:

  1. I think that all three of them are beautiful, Kristjaan- making the moonless night alive and full of stars. I am balancing between the first and the third as my favourites, and...I will keep balancing since can't make up my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking how your 2nd is really exactly that, a real special haiku moment for the first anniversary, and I saw that you noticed it too.
    This first year has been an incredible adventure. You have put so much into it, but now you have the posts! Thank you very much for everything Chevrefeuille.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all three Krisjaan
    a star gazing romp over the heath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah.. it has been a fun month... and this was a nice finale ... I look forward to next month, but the first days I will be a little absent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bjorn
    Thank you for the lovely and difficult prompt. It was like pulling teeth for me...
    the words came with much difficulty....a wonderful challenge.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like all three of these, and your first one inspired one of my two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cosmic cascade Krisjaan and a great prompt

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right about that second one, Kristjaan.
    Today is November first, but I missed the collection.
    http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/starring/

    ReplyDelete