Sunday, October 27, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #64, Garry Gay's fifth haiku "touched"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This festive first anniversary month of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai is almost over and today I love to share our last (the fifth) Special episode, a haiku by Garry Gay, our featured haiku-poet for this month. I have made these Specials with a lot of fun, because Garry writes awesome haiku and is the president of the American Haiku Society ... I am proud that I might use his haiku. Next month, our first Tan Renga Challenge month, I hope to publish a new Carpe Diem Lecture about the Rengay, a kind of Renga which was invented (in the early ninethies) by Garry Gay.

The goal of this Special episode is to write a new haiku inspired on the one I gave of Garry Gay and to try to catch the same mood as the haiku by Garry Gay. By the way: This is the last Special episode for a while, because I don't have Special episodes next month. In upcoming December I will have all new Special episodes, so don't worry ... the Specials will be back (smiles).

Photo (c) by Garry Gay, belongs to the haiku for this Special

touched
in the darkness--
by a snowflake

(c) Garry Gay

What a beauty, don't you think? I like the strong and fragile tone of this haiku and I hope to touch that same mood with the haiku inspired on this one by Garry Gay.

My inspired haiku:

touched by a feather
my sleepy senses awaken -
midsummer night's dream

(c) Chèvrefeuille


Touched by a Feather

A completly different season, but I think it's close to the mood of the haiku by Garry Gay. What do you think? Did I succeed?
Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku inspired on the one by Garry with our Haiku Kai. This Special episode will stay on 'til October 29th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Fench provided by Lolly, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). 
!! This Special is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!




12 comments:

  1. That is a very nice haIku Chèvrefeuille. I hope more will come to this page and wonderful daily prompt. I have told a few on wordpress and I think each of us should invite one person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The powerful lightness of the feather...
    So beautifully penned, Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haiku ~ can feel the feathery touch ~ happy week to you ~ carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your feather haiku and the one that inspired it, too. Well done, Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it melts
    into vastness

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've capture a secret moment methinks. Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you mean "fence" for the next prompt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love your response haiku, Kristjaan! It is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you captured Gary's mood well
    I will take a shot

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found this incredibly difficult...I had ideas, but the 'ku didn't seem to flow.
    Finally, I did come up with a post.
    Thanks to Garry Gay...great prompts this month.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing Haiku by Gary Gay-thank you Kristjaan,am so inspired!

    Your Haiku is incredibly beautiful-love the pic too which just adds to the beauty of your writing!Am excited about reading all the entries:-)

    Now,hoping my pen will not fail me-off to write.

    ReplyDelete