Thursday, October 17, 2013

Carpe Diem #325, Release (provided by Maggie Grace)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our prompt of yesterday, symbiotic, wasn't an easy on. I have read that statement several times in your posts and I must say ... yes it was, but I have read wonderful haiku and that makes me so proud. Nevertheless that a prompt is difficult, you all have given it a try ... great!
Today we have another nice prompt and I think that our prompt for today, Release (provided by Maggie Grace), isn't that difficult, but also not an easy one. Release ... a real autumn word I think, in this season in which the trees let loose their leaves and in which several kinds of birds are departing, releasing is one of the things nature (and humankind included) have to let go, have to release their feelings of the lighter seasns as spring and summer. Releasing? Sometimes you have to release loved ones as e.g. a marriage doesn't work out anymore or someone you loved dies ... release can also be letting go negative emotions through meditation or a retraite. Release ... a song which came in mind is the one once sung by Tom Jones or Engelbert Humperdinck (and several other musicians and artists). It's about releasing a loved one in a relationship and I love to share that song here:


I love to share a part of the lyrics of the wellknown song:

Please release me, Let me go
For I, Don't love you anymore
To waste our lives, Would be a sin
Release me, And let me love again

I have found, A new love dear
And I will always, Want her near
Her lips are warm, While yours are cold
Release me, my darling, Let me go

(source: lyrics)

It's a nice song, but as you can read a very sad song ... it's all about releasing someone else to start a new life. Sometimes people don't fit anymore and then they have to go both separate ways.

Release ... a real autumn word about letting go ... as we see in the falling of the colorful leaves, the change of the weather and as we can see in the departing of several kinds of birds. So with this prompt ... it will bring sad haiku I think, but releasing can be a good thing to do. Leaves, blossoms and flowers decay, depart, release ... to come back even nicer, even more beautiful ... so releasing has also a positive energy of new life.


Autumn
leaves falling
released from their branches
finally free

finally free
colorful leaves falling
complete circle

complete circle
blossoming, growing, decaying
leaves falling

A wonderful prompt Maggie ... Thank you Maggie that you have provided this prompt for Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme. I hope you all did like the read and the music. Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku on Release with us all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.
This prompt will stay on 'til October 19th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Forgiveness (provided by Patricia), later on today around 7.00 PM (CET).
!! Release ... is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!



10 comments:

  1. a beautiful autumn set of haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and deep feeling of nature's release in your haiku, Kristjaan - as the circle of life, of another year is completed. Seasons change and mind stays open...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an interesting write-up. You look at nature in a very interesting way, and relationships too. Very interesting read, and has made me re evaluate my haiku, maybe write a second - but then it might be too similar to yours. Very nice Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cascade of letting go, Kristjaan. I forgot I sent you these prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it really is a beautiful free fall

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cascading haiku of letting go and great post ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cascading beautifully just like autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonjour Chèvrefeuille! :-) I love this flower... awesome blog, glad I've come across it... I'll try to surf over asap! Meanwhile, sunny greetings from Toulouse, France, tons of inspiration and my very best... Have a great day and a formidable weekend! Cheers, Mélanie
    http://balauru.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully inspiring Hiaku on "release" by you Kristjaan-loved them all:-)Thank you for choosing this prompt-it made my heart heavy with emotion.Thanks to Maggie as well for suggesting this word:-)Now off to read and comment on the submissions for this.Have a wonderful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. An interesting challenge in the prompt...
    Thank you Maggie Grace.
    I checked the link, it worked for me...let me know if it doesn't work for anyone.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete