Friday, June 7, 2013

Carpe Diem #216, U no Hana (Deutzia flower)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today we share haiku on U no Hana (Deutzia flower), and I hope to read wonderful haiku inspired on this wonderful flower.
I wasn't aware of the beauty of this flowering plant, but as I sought for photo's of it I ran into wonderful flowers ... so fragile, and I think their scent must be delicious.


Credits: Deutzia Flowers (deutzia x limoinei)

Deutzia x lemoinei

is a bushy fully hardy perennial deciduous shrub with white flowers in early Summer and late Spring. It grows well in semi-shade and direct sun, and prefers medium levels of water. The flowers are rotate shaped arranged in acymose corymb inflorescence. It has average drought tolerance.
It looks best in Spring and Summer. (source )

fragile
sweet scented Deutzia -
Summer has started


Summer has started
everywhere I look one sea of flowers -
fragile Deutzia


I didn't know that Deutzia was described by a Dutch horticulturist named Johann van der Deutz (1743-1784) So it is a flower with Dutch roots ... I am proud. 

Be inspired, creative and share your haiku on Deutzia. This prompt will stay on 'til June 9th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Takenoko (Bamboo Shoots), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET). See you ...

Namaste.







2 comments:

  1. I was not familiar with this flower before now. Learn something new everyday :) ... it is quite a pretty bloom to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the haiku for Carpe Diem #216, U no Hana (Deutzia flower). I don't believe I've ever seen one, but they look enticing !
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete