Thursday, June 20, 2013

Carpe Diem #227, Yuunagi (Evening Lull)



Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

I had some trouble with todays kigo Evening Lull, but after some web-surfing I ran into the translation of Lull. It turned out that it means pause, silence, repose, peace, stillness and tranquility. So Yuunagi means Evening peace, silent evening or so.
Today I hadn't enough inspiration to write a long episode, so this episode will be a short one. Forgive me please.


Credits: Yuunagi (Evening Lull)

I think this picture is full of Yuunagi (smiles), just one bird on the beach, maybe it sings, the rippling waves ... a nice evening silence.

deep silence
listening to the song of cicadas -
sultry summer night

evening lull
the sweet scent of Honeysuckle
arouses the senses

on the beach
around the campfire -
rippling waves

entwined bodies
in love on the beach -
evening lull

I hope you all liked this short episode of Carpe Diem. This prompt will stay on 'til June 22th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, another nice haiku by Kikusha-Ni, later on today around 9.00 PM (CET). I will give that new haiku by Kikusha-Ni hereafter.
!! The Linking Widget for Yuunagi will open at 9.00 PM (CET) !!

PS.: I am preparing a new feature for Carpe Diem. I will start an experiment with you all ... I will try to write a Kasen-Renga with you all. I am busy preparing this new feature and I hope to publish it soon.


Kikusha-Ni's haiku for our next Special on June 22th:

there is nothing
like the cool of the wind in this place
blowing down from Mt. Fuyi




4 comments:

  1. Just a heads up.. dVerse is doing sedoka tonight... I think many of you all would enjoy immensely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the first and the third especially. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another wonderful prompt and lovely Haiku Kristjaan. You've taken me back to a trip to Uluru (Ayer's Rock).

    ReplyDelete