Friday, June 21, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #43, "the cool of the wind" by Kikusha-Ni



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy it is to prepare all the posts for Carpe Diem and I like how you all are participating in this daily haiku meme You all share such wonderful haiku with us here on Carpe Diem.
Today another nice haiku written by Kikusha-Ni. She is one of the most wellknown classical female haiku poets I know, but she hasn't written a lot of haiku. As I was preparing this episode I sought on the Internet for haiku written by her and I could only find 20-30 haiku written by Kikusha-Ni. So I haven't a brought range of haiku to choose from, but I succeeded I think with this haiku written by her:

there is nothing
like the cool of the wind in this place
blowing down from Mt. Fuyi


Credits: Mt. Fuyi

Mount Fuyi, the Holy Mountain of Japan, in a lot of haiku written by classical and modern haiku poets Fuyi plays the lead. So I was inspired by Mt. Fuyi and I hope my haiku is in the same sense, tone and Spirit as the one by Kikusha-Ni

framed in silence 
cherry blossom embraces Mt Fuyi
even more quiet

Awesome! I like this haiku. Is it in the same sense and tone as the one by Kikusha-Ni? I think so.

This Special will stay on 'til June 23th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Aota (Green paddy), later on today around 9.00 PM (CET). !! The Linking Widget for this Special will open at 8.00 PM (CET) !! 



5 comments:

  1. Nothing can be better than Cherrybloom and Mt Fuji -- your haiku is very nice...
    This got me thinking a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent Haiku Kristjaan, perfectly framing the image too. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have chosen a beautiful haiku for the Carpe Diem Special as well as created a very visual and Zen gem yourself. Truly inspiring, Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that is a beautiful one, Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blossom, Mt Fuyi, silence, it all points to oneness .... Lovely haiku!

    ReplyDelete