Friday, June 28, 2013

Carpe Diem #233, Himawari (Sunflower) & Yuugao (Moonflower)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today, June 29th, our penultimate classical Japanese kigo has two kigo for prompt. Today we share haiku on Himawari (Sunflower) and Yuugao (Moonflower). So you can choose for one of them our use both, that's up to you.
Why two kigo? Well ... when I was preparing this episode our last month (about Tarot) came in mind. In that month we had also Sun and Moon, so I thought why not both kigo? And so it came that you all have the choice this episode.


Credits: Sunflower and lady-bug

lady-bug disappears
between the petals of a Sunflower -
as you did my love

as you did my love
leaving me alone with my sorrows
withering Sunflower


A sad pair of haiku (by the way: this pair I wrote as I remembered an other relationship which I once had), but I think it fits the thoughts behind it.


Credits: Moonflower (or Ipomoea-alba)

fragile beauty
climbing against the fence
moonflower straightens

moonflower straightens
with her snowwhite blossom
to the Summer moon


Ah! What a delicious haiku, I love it when a haiku is becoming a beauty. Now it's up to you ... be inspired, share your haiku with Carpe Diem.
This prompt will stay on 'til June 30th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our final episode of June later on today. That will be: Aki Chikashi (Autumn near). !! The linking widget will be open for submissions around 8.00 PM (CET).!!



3 comments:

  1. so pretty! I like too that it is a little surprising, the sunflower poem is melancholy while the moonflower more cheerful, reaching up (though fragile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sheer beauty, Kristjaan. Fragile, yet so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fell in love with these photographs, and though I am late for this prompt, you can find me at:

    http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/1923/

    ReplyDelete