Saturday, June 29, 2013

Carpe Diem #234, Aki Chikashi (Autumn near)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our month of classical Japanese kigo for Summer is coming to an end with this new episode. And today our prompt is Aki Chikashi (Autumn near) so today we enter in the realm of Autumn. Later this year, September, I will use all classical Japanese kigo for Autumn, but our upcoming month, July, is all based on words, emotions, thoughts and images which I have taken from the last novel by Paulo Coelho, Manuscript found in Accra. This novel is very similar to The Prophet written by Kahlil Gibran, but in a different way also completely new. July will not be an easy month, but ... well that doesn't matter. Next to all those prompt from the novel by Paulo Coelho we will have Specials written by Jane Reichhold, a wellknown haiku poetess of our time. She has granted me permission to use all of her haiku for Carpe Diem. I have selected a few wonderful haiku written by her, but ... well you all will see that soon enough.
In our upcoming month of Carpe Diem I also will start a new feature in which you can share all poetry without prompts. I have called that new feature 'Carpe Diem's Freestyle', and it gives me the opportunity to sit back and only read all of your wonderful verses. Thanks Wabi Sabi for this revelation. I need sometimes a moment for myself. 'Freestyle', will be on once a week. The logo for this new feature I love to share already with you all.




OK ... back to todays prompt. Today we are entering Autumn, Summer has almost gone (we had late-summer kigo the last ten days) and nature's gonna loose her colors and starts again with her life circle.


last summer days
temperatures are downing -
Autumn is near


Autumn is near
trees and bushes coloring
leaves start to fall


leaves start to fall
the sweet scent of rotting leaves
the sound of rain


the sound of rain
nourishing my senses
last summer days



Awesome ... summer is leaving and autumn is entering ... another year runs to its end. This prompt will stay on 'til July 1st 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our first episode of July, Otiosity, later on today around 8.00 PM (CET). !! The Linking Widget for our last June prompt will be open for submissions at 8.00 PM (CET) today !!

For closure of this last episode of Carpe Diem's June I love to share a video of ABBA "Our Last Summer".





I hope you all have a nice Summer and remember the sun is always shining (smiles).


Chèvrefeuille, your host




1 comment:

  1. I was slow, but did respond to this lovely prompt. http://jessicaslavin.wordpress.com/2013/07/01/summer-ends/

    ReplyDelete