Friday, June 28, 2013

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge #4, 'deeper darkness' by Bjorn Rudberg


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I was reading all the nice completed Tan Renga of our last (third) Tan Renga challenge and I realized that this feature is a success. I think it's also a kind of lesson to learn how you can make a haiku part of yourself by associating on someones haiku.
As I prepare the posts for Carpe Diem I try to become one, to be part, of the theme I use. The theme has to become me or else I cannot relate to it and write the haiku as I do. I know that's not easy, but I think that's the only way to write haiku or as I always say 'to be haiku'.

For todays Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge I have used a haiku written by Bjorn Rudberg of course with his permission. This is one of the two haiku he wrote on our prompt Hanabi (Fireworks).

Well ... before I give this haiku I will repeat the goal of this Tan Renga Challenge. A Tan Renga is a chained poem of two stanza. The first stanza has 5-7-5 syllables and the second stanza has 7-7 syllables. The Challenge is to write the second stanza with 7-7 syllables (or more or less) through associating on the first stanza. By completing the Tan Renga with your second stanza the challenge is over. Please copy and paste the first stanza into your own post and include your second stanza.


Credits: Fireworks

OK ... here we go ...

First stanza:

after fireworks
the silence is clearer
darkness is deeper
                 (Bjorn Rudberg)


Second stanza:


????????????


My attempt to complete this Tan Renga:

after fireworks
the silence is clearer
darkness is deeper                                    (Bjorn Rudberg)

only thing left on New Year's Eve
the garbage of fireworks paper                  (Chèvrefeuille)


You can post your completion of this Tan Renga 'til July 5th 11.59 AM (CET). I will publish later on July 5th  our new Tan Renga.


4 comments:

  1. How perfectly true, Kristjaan. Wonderful renga

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful and thank you for using my haiku. I had an idea for a renku (but since it's my own haiku, it's a little bit against the rules) I put it here as a comment instead...

    after fireworks
    the silence is clearer
    darkness is deeper

    but when he starts snoring
    she light up a cigarette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Bjorn I like this completion very much, maybe you will link it up to this Tan Renga Challenge, it's fun also to write on your own a Tan Renga.

      Delete
    2. haha! well funny!

      Delete