Friday, December 5, 2014

Carpe Diem #619, The Oak Moon (The Full Moon of December)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

The first week of December is almost over and until today I have read wonderful responses on all the episodes of this week. I am looking forward to your responses on today's prompt, The Oak Moon (the full moon of December). Today (December 6th) we have full moon and so I just had to use it for our prompt. It happens to be also one of the modern kigo by Jane Reichhold and so I love to share haiku written by her on this modern kigo.

full-moon sky
cold high winds blow
from a bright hole


© Jane Reichhold

Another one uses the other name of the full moon of December, Wolf Moon:

wolf moon
slipping into northern pines
winter


© Jane Reichhold

And I found another wonderful haiku on this prompt also written by Jane which I just have to share, because of it's beauty:

melting into the sea
the full moon
leaves a candle bright


© Jane Reichhold



Credits: Oak Moon

The Japanese are totally "in love" with the autumn moon, but in our region I think the winter moon is more beautiful so I just had to share a haiku about the moon in winter:

bright full moon
I step out into the freezing cold
to walk the dog

© Chèvrefeuille

Well .... I hope this prompt will inspire you to write wonderful "winter moon" haiku.

This episode will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 8th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode later on. Have fun!


8 comments:

  1. I say a resounding YES to all the haiku you have included today, yours and Jane's. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gives me great pleasure to think that this evening we are all photographing or thinking about the moon, wherever we are in the world.
    The moon is free to all. Not often you can say that about something.
    Great prompt again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful.. alas the moon is always covered with clouds here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot write comments on Hamish' blog but I would like to

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the haiku were wonderful tonight. Could not leave comments on most sites although I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have no winters where i am, however, i realize moon scenes are universal, my image is of a view of the moon from my house, in the hours not yet dawn

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am late.
    Mine is up at: http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2014/12/08/full-moon-of-december/

    ReplyDelete