Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Carpe Diem #635, Stars


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are going on with the exploration of Jane Reichhold's saijiki "A Dictionary of Haiku" and today our prompt is Stars. Stars are part of Christmas, but stars also can point us the way as they did for example for the three wise man from the East in the story of Christmas.

I will share a few examples of haiku by Jane Reichhold for this kigo (or seasonword):

crystals
filling the night window
with stars

glistening cold
the stars bend down
a few flakes

snow taste
the cold fire
of frozen stars

cold stars
dropping into the ocean
snowflakes


(C) Jane Reichhold

Wow ... what a gorgeous haiku ... I hope I can compose a haiku with that same beauty?



Credits: full of stars

bright winter night
ice-flowers like stars grow on the window
sound of ice-skaters


(C) Chèvrefeuille

Hm ... not a strong one, but I like the painted scene in this haiku a lot. I hope this episode will inspire you to write an all new haiku (or tanka).

This episode is open for your submissions December 26th 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 29th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our new episode, the last haiku by our featured haiku-poet, Richard Wright, later on.

PS. There will not be a "Little Creatures" episode this week and I will publish our new Tan Renga Challenge Saturday December 27th. I take a few days off during the holidays.



5 comments:

  1. Enjoy that much-deserved break, Kristjaan!
    Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar! --

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://toweararainbow.wordpress.com/2014/12/25/the-stars/

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://ideasolsi65.blogspot.in/2014/12/stars.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like stars, I'd like to have a piece of one
    (or a planet or even a comet would be okay).
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristjaan, you are a star in the haiku sky :)

    ReplyDelete