Thursday, December 18, 2014

Carpe Diem Sparkling Stars #15, " Christmas Stockings"


!! I am a bit late with this episode of Carpe Diem Sparkling Stars, my excuses for that !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It is time for another bi-weekly episode of our special feature Sparkling Stars in which I share "masterpieces" "sparkling stars" written by classic and modern haiku poets for your inspiration. It's somewhat similar with our Carpe Diem Specials in which I share a haiku by our featured haiku poet for your inspiration.

In this episode of Sparkling Stars I have a nice haiku to share for your inspiration written for this time of year, several years ago.

Christmas stockings
hanging above the fireplace
awaiting presents


© Chèvrefeuille


The goal of this special feature is to write a haiku (or tanka) inspired on the one given, this time a haiku by myself, trying to catch the same mood ... it's not neccessary to use the classical syllables count.
Well ... we are on our way to Christmas. I like this time of year and maybe I will write every day an extra episode with Christmas as theme. For now .... just have fun .... and have jolly good Christmas time.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 25th at noon (CET).

3 comments:

  1. In my childhood, I wished that our family had a fireplace on which to hang our stockings. Details in my haiku. Wishes for a holy Christmas for you and yours and a blessed new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays to you and your family ~

    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Carol ... your haiku are gorgeous ...

    ReplyDelete