Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Carpe Diem #634, White Christmas


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

During Christmas I will not be on Carpe Diem Haiku Kai therefore I publish the episodes of December 26th and 27th now already. Both prompts will be following right now, but both episodes will have their own linking widget.

As you all know we are exploring "A Dictionary of Haiku" by Jane Reichhold (a modern Saijiki, list of kigo/seasonwords) the prompts for these two days are White Christmas and Stars.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Carpe Diem #634, White Christmas.

This is a reprise prompt, because I have used it a few days earlier in one of our earlier posts. So I will be short of words this time. I will only share the haiku by Jane Reichhold which she used as example in her "saijiki".

my white Christmas
only under the branches
of the snowberry bush


(C) Jane Reichhold


Here in The Netherlands will not have a White Christmas this year it's to warm (around 12 degrees Celsius), but I hope it will inspire you to write an all new haiku.

This episode is open for your submissions December 25th at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 28th at noon (CET). Have fun! Our next episode (following immediately today) will be Stars.


1 comment: