Monday, December 22, 2014

Carpe Diem #632, Frost


!! I am in the nightshift so I post this episode earlier than I normally do !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am excited ... Christmas Eve is coming closer and I am curious what Santa will bring me this year. Of course I hope Santa brings a white Christmas, but here in The Netherlands it's to warm for the time of year, so no white Christmas this year. Well ... we will keep on dreaming ... once it will come I think that White Christmas.
We are still busy with exploring Jane Reichhold's saijiki, list of kigo, "A Dictionary of Haiku" in which she has gathered all modern kigo (seasonwords) for all seasons and also for winter ... Today our prompt is frost and here are a few haiku which Jane has written as an example for this kigo.


granite patterns
fallen to leaves
frosted rust

flowers blooming
on dry sand and pond
frost

light spilling
into a waterfall
frost

Frost
What a gorgeous photo and those haiku by Jane are really nice. I like that third the most ... such a serene and mysterious image I see in front of my mind's eye ... Will not be an easy task to write a haiku in the same beauty ...

yearning for spring
the frost makes nature suffer -
snowdrops are blooming
snowdrops are blooming
they are longing for spring
after the dark winter


© Chèvrefeuille

Not as strong as I had hoped, but I like the image these two paint... I hope you are inspired by this post on frost .... This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 25th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, a new Ghost Writer episode, later on. For now .... have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment