Sunday, December 21, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #123, Richard Wright's 4th "the scarecrow's old hat"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to create another CD Special with a haiku by our featured haiku poet this month, Richard Wright. It's his 4th haiku this month and I have read great haiku and tanka in response on his other haiku. This time I also love to challenge you a little bit.
Maybe you can remember our special feature "Soliloquy no Renga" in which I asked you to write a solo-renga with a maximum of 12 stanzas. I love to challenge you to write a Soliloquy no Renga with the haiku by Richard Wright as the "hokku" or "starting verse". (You can find the explanation of "Soliloquy no Renga" HERE)


Here is the haiku written by Richard Wright for your inspiration and to start the Soliloquy no Renga with:

The scarecrow's old hat
Was flung by the winter wind
Into a graveyard.

© Richard Wright

An extraordinary haiku I think. There are so much scenes to distill from this one and I hope you all will be inspired. Have fun!
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 24th at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, frost, later on. Of course there will also be a Christmas Countdown episode today!


1 comment:

  1. These soliloquy no rengas are my absolute favorites to write. I think because it allows a story to unfold. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete