- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- !!! NEW !! NEW !!! Carpe Diem January 2018 Thousand And One Nights
- The Story Goes On ...
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Friday, November 25, 2016
Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #26 meditation
Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,
This wonderful CDHK Tanka Splendor month is running towards its end and we have still a few days to improve our Tanka writing skills. Today I have a nice prompt for you which is a nice theme for tanka. Today our prompt is meditation.
We all know what meditation is I think, so no need to explain that further. Let's go and try to create tanka with this prompt, but first I have a few haiku for you which maybe can inspire you.
seeking a higher consciousness -
third eye opens
chanting their mantra
broomstick and rake in hand
peace of mind
lotuses reach for the sun
growing from the dark
Well ... enough haiku to inspire you. I couldn't come up with something new at first, but I found a beautiful cascading haiku in my archive which I have re-worked into a tanka that fits the scene and even fits the "love" angle of tanka.
high up in the mountains
a Buddhist monk
even he violates chastity
watching a geisha
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 30th at noon (CET). I will publish our next episode, decay, later on.
!!! Soon to come a new challenging kind of kukai !!!