- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Carpe Diem #74, Fireplace (ro)
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
A day is to short I think. I have the feeling that I just have posted our 'spearflower'- prompt, but it's already time for our next prompt. A prompt of which I think it can be very inspiring. It's really a prompt for this time of year in which we can see snow, frost and coldness, but also this is the time of the long evenings with your loved ones.
Our prompt for today is fireplace (ro) and I love it very much. I have sought the WWW for haiku on fireplace by our classical masters, but I couldn't find one. So I sought on 'hearth' and found a nice haiku written by Issa.
hettsui no kado ni okasuru wakana kana
at the hearth's door
New Year's herbs
As I am busy today I just share a few archived haiku by myself on fireplace.
hanging above the fireplace
in loving memory -
above the fireplace
my brother's urn
in front of the fireplace -
drinking red wine
lying in front of the fireplace
cherish my love
A last one, I can't help it, a new one (smiles):
winter feeling -
lying on the bearskin
before the hearth
OK ... ok .... I was on a role ....
This prompt will stay on 'till December 21th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode 'early plum blossoms (soobai)' later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).
Have fun, be creative and inspired ... and share your haiku with us on Carpe Diem. Thank you all for your participation and daily effort to share your haiku on Carpe Diem.