Thursday, December 27, 2012

Carpe Diem #81, Nearly Spring (haru chikashi)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What an awesome day I have had today. I had all my grandchildren visiting at my home ... really those Five kids are very busy, but I enjoyed it very much. Yes ... I am a granddad and I am proud on my grandchildren.
I already posted two new episodes of Carpe Diem and I stated that I publish the following episode on December 28th, but I am on a roll and so I publish our next Carpe Diem episode also today. I am sorry ... I can't help it ... haiku is my passion next to my work as an oncology nurse.
We are busy with kigo of 'late winter' and 'nearly Spring' is one of them.


'Look granddad!'
my granddaughter points
at snowdrops

little white flowers
at the feet of the snowman
snowdrops blooming

snowdrops blooming
waving goodbye to Winter
nearly Spring

I love these small white flowers. Snowdrops meaning back to basic, stay strong on earth ... isn't it wonderful?

This prompt will stay on 'til December 29th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode later on today. That will be 'Withered Mums (karogiku)'. Have fun and enjoy writing your haiku and please share your wonderful verses with us all on Carpe Diem.



9 comments:

  1. I would have liked to supply some snowdrops / dingle-dangles, but I drive past them every morning and see them in the light of my car instead of taking photographs. I liked the topic very much. The days are getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I did not think you old enough to be a grandfather, Kristjaan. Wow!. The snowdrops are quite lovely as are your haiku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither! i didn't think he's that old enough ^^ i really loved the 2nd haiku.

      Delete
  3. Almost spring..what a wonderful thought. Grandchildren are wonderful...my Grandson is only 9 weeks old but I look forward to learning many things with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandchildren....snowdrops...beautiful posting of passion...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these snowdrops but never see them here. Pansies will have to do! Flowers growing at the feet of a snowman brought joy to my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful for you to be able to enjoy your grandchildren at this special time of year....tis the time for children.
    I love your haiku and found myself drawn to snowdrops too. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seems strange to write
    About the end of Winter
    When it's one week old.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post!! I agree with Jazzbumpa -- for those on the US side of the world, our winter only started on the 21st of December!! But I always eagerly await spring once winter starts!! :)

    ReplyDelete