- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- !!! NEW !! NEW !!! Carpe Diem January 2018 Thousand And One Nights
- The Story Goes On ...
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Carpe Diem #80, The Last of Winter (setsubun)
Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,
Well ... as I promised earlier this week I will post today two episodes of Carpe Diem. Than we are on track again. Earlier today I posted an episode on 'Winter Moon' and now I will post our second episode 'The last Day of Winter (setsubun)'.
The last day of winter, entering Spring is our goal hereafter, but we have still a few days to go with prompts of classical Japanese kigo for Winter, late Winter.
The last day of winter ... will bring joy I think, because I am not such a big fan of Winter. In Spring new life will come and the days will become longer ... Light is coming back after the dark period of Autumn and Winter.
covered with snow
winter is coming to an end
the last snow is melting
cherry blossoms blooming
last snow melts
Aren't they wonderful? I love these haiku on departing Winter ... looking forward to Spring.
longing for Spring
while the last snow melts
This prompt will stay on 'til December 29th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode of Carpe Diem 'Nearly Spring (haru chikashi) on December 28th around 10.00 PM (CET). Be inspired and share your haiku on Carpe Diem.