Thursday, April 2, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #140, Kala Ramesh's "morning prayers"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to present our first haiku by our featured haiku poetess of this month Kala Ramesh (you can find some more background on her above in the promptlist for April). Kala is an Indian poetess, musician and artist who writes/composes haiku since 2005, so in a way she is a young haiku poet, but she has already written wonderful haiku and has been a co-publisher with haiku as her task of an Indian publisher.

Recently I discovered that Kala and I have something in common. First of all we both like haiku, but secondly we were published in the same world wide anthology "Spasms of Light" of Wonder Haiku Worlds.
Kala Ramesh
And of course there was Jane Reichhold who settled the contact between Kala and me. I hope this month we will have wonderful haiku to share by Kala Ramesh and I hope to bring you all some more about Kala Ramesh and a few projects she is working at.

Well ... that was the introduction to this first CD-Special of April and now it's time for Kala Ramesh's  first haiku for this month:

morning prayers
the rising sun between
my hands


© Kala Ramesh


Credits: Praying Hands
A gorgeous haiku I think and very strong in tune with our theme for this month "peace of mind" and in a way it also refers to our prompt of yesterday ... the sun is seen as a strong healer and in the Bhagavad Gita we will see that healing too ...

For those new here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai I will give the goal for these CD-Specials. The goal is to write/compose an all new haiku inspired on the given haiku and in the same sense, tone and spirit as the given verse/haiku.

Here is my attempt:

midsummer night
in the light of the full moon
a young woman dancing


© Chèvrefeuille

And another nice response I think, but ... that's not to me to say that ...
the moon is rising
silvery waves resonate
in tune with my heart
© Chèvrefeuille

In my country we have a natural phenomenon that we call (in Dutch) 'het lichten der zee' or in English 'phosphoresce sea'. When this occurs, mostly with full moon, the sea looks like silver and the waves have a silvery glow. It's a wonderful sight. This phenomenon occurs because little algae called dinoflagelate are reflecting the light of the moon. (Look at this wonderful phenomenon)
 
I have seen this often and I remember that it was a magnificent and mysterious sight almost hypnotizing. I sat down on the beach and started meditating. The waves rolling to and fro the beach gave a deep, spiritual, feeling. When my meditation became deeper I realized that the silvery waves resonated with my heartbeat in the same way. It felt great and there on that beach meditating and hypnotized by the silvery waves in the bright moonlight I became all in one with nature. I felt great and was in a deeper, spiritual, mood than I ever had been. Embraced by the Universe laying down in the arms of Mother Earth. I felt save and happy sitting there with only the moon, the silvery waves, the sound of the sea and my heartbeat.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until April 5th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, another nice Time Machine episode in which we will revisit a prompt from our rich CDHK history, later on.

5 comments:

  1. ''Morning prayer'' - beautiful haiku, and an incredible illustration of Indian hindi, and indeed, Oriental religion. If we are one with our universe, this haiku shows that in an amazing way! So does your second haiku by the way. Thank you for a great post...again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful haiku by Kala Ramesh. It immediately produces an image. KRistijaan, both of your haiku are wonderful..."silver waves resonate/ in tune with my heart"- especially loved these lines :-) ...

      Delete
  2. Your second haiku resonates with me because the tautness of my shoulders and neck (caused by Firbromyalgia) is eased by the sound of waves. Thank you so much for this meme. I like the challenge of and the enjoyment of writing haikus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased we have Kala Ramesh to the featured poet this month! Your two haiku are wonderful especially as you resonate with the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristjaan :))
    A million thanks to each one here _/\_

    ReplyDelete