Sunday, June 14, 2015

Carpe Diem #755 succulents


!!! LAST CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS OUR "SUMMERTIME" KUKAI CLOSES JUNE 15TH !!


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you did like our new feature "Carpe Diem Utabukuro" and our recent CD-Special by Rallentanda. It's really a joy to create all these posts and to be your humble host despite of the time it takes ... it's a honor to be your host and it's an honor that I may use all Jane Reichhold's haiku to discover the modern summer kigo (seasonwords). I am grateful that Jane has an intense bond with our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai ....

This month we are discovering all modern seasonwords (kigo) as gathered by Jane in her saijiki "a dictionary of haiku" and today's prompt is succulents. What are succulents?

Credits: Succulents (this is an Aloe)
In botany, succulent plants, also known as succulents or sometimes fat plants, are plants having some parts that are more than normally thickened and fleshy, usually to retain water in arid climates or soil conditions. The word "succulent" comes from the Latin word sucus, meaning juice, or sap. Succulent plants may store water in various structures, such as leaves and stems.

I think you all know these kind of plants and I think that Magical Mystical Teacher, who lives in the desert, knows a lot about these succulents and I am especially looking forward to MMT's response, but of course I love to read all your responses.

I have tried to "come in contact" with this succulents, but it wasn't easy to write a haiku inspired on this prompt, but I think I have succeeded ....

deep in the desert
a drop of water in the cacti
gives new life


© Chèvrefeuille

Not a strong one, but as I said ... I had some difficulties myself with this prompt. And to conclude this episode I will share a few haiku by Jane on succulents:

a great pot
of green leaves with thorns
the unknown succulent

a breeze
shaping the yucca blossom
bird shadow


© Jane Reichhold

Yucca blossom
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 17th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, summer passing, later on. For now ... have fun!

2 comments:

  1. A hard prompt. As I attempt it, I realise how well you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am mad about Cacti. I have a Cactus garden in the outback !

    ReplyDelete