Monday, June 1, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #149, Rallentanda's a carpet of purple

credits logo-image
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to bring our first CD-Special of this month. As you all (maybe) know the winner of our first kukai "wisteria", Rallentanda, won the opportunity to be our featured haiku poetess this month. And as you can see at the left "A Carpet of Purple" the e-book Rallentanda won for an anthology of her own haiku is available now for download.

For this first CD-Special I have chosen to inspire you all with Rallentanda's winning haiku. As you (maybe) know the goal of the CD-Specials is to write an all new haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one given.

wisteria
fragrant chandeliers drop
a carpet of purple


© Rallentanda 

It's a real beauty and you, my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers, have chosen this haiku as our first kukai winner ....

Credits: Wisteria
Here is my inspired haiku, not a new one, but one from the archives:

in the moonlight
Wisteria flowers look fragile -
a gust of wind


© Chèvrefeuille

By the way .... remember that our second kukai "summertime" is running. You can submit your haiku (max three) until June 15th to our emailaddress:

carpediemhaikukai@gmail.com

I am looking forward to your "summertime" haiku ...

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until June 4th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, a new episode of Tokubetsudesu, later on.

6 comments:

  1. My congratulations to Rallentanda on the winning haiku...it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. I would like to comment on your work but your facility does not allow for google so I cannot. Some of the other writers have unusual formats as well ...the reason I do not comment.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations once again, Rallentanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you KP for the book. Am extremely chuffed:) Now have to work out how to link it to my blog.
    Thanks also to everyone who voted for my haiku !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lushness of the wisteria reminds me of a children's book called "Miss Rumphius" by Barbara Cooney.

    ReplyDelete