Monday, June 29, 2015

Carpe Diem #766 departing summer


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This is our last episode of June ... it makes me a bit sad, but it also makes me happy. For sure it was a lot of work, but it was really worth it. You all are great and gifted haiku poets/esses and it's really a pleasure to be your host here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Thank you all for being part of this wonderful loving haiku family ... without you all I couldn't make Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Really ... I am your host, but we are making CDHK together and that's something to be grateful for ....



Our last prompt is departing summer ... but here in The Netherlands summer has started last weekend. We are heading towards a heat wave, the weather guys (and girls) say we will have tropical heat this week, almost 40 degrees Celsius ... so for us Dutchmen ... summer isn't departing, but June is. We have had wonderful modern kigo as compiled by Jane Reichhold in her saijiki "A Dictionary of Haiku" and it was a joy, it was really a joy. I am grateful to Jane because she has given me the opportunity to use her saijiki and her haiku ... so ... I bow to you Jane and honoring you with my love and gratefulness ... you are really the best haiku poetess I know.

a shriveled leaf
still hanging on
to summer's end

end of summer
beyond the garden gate
mist turning to rain

end of summer
in the cool morning air
at the open door

end of summer
tall and bright in the fields
of thistle

summer passing
the path to the beach
where no one goes

(C) Jane Reichhold


Credits: Blue Thistle
Tears are rolling over my cheeks I feel the departure of summer deep in my guts, my heart and soul are aching ... summer has gone ... we say goodbye to this wonderful month, goodbye June .... see you again next year.

abandoned beach
finally I can find peace
summer has gone

(C) Chèvrefeuille

I am looking forward to our next month in which we will explore classical Japanese kigo (seasonwords) for summer ... and I hope you all will be there too.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 2nd at noon (CET). I will publish our first new episode of July later on. That will be an episode of our Tokubetsudesu feature and I think I have a wonderful theme for that new Tokubetsudesu episode ... you will see.


3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain about departing summer---great haiku you wrote with your words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jane Reichhold does write some wonderful haiku ! You have two months left of summer while we shiver here at the bottom of the world:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours...just gorgeous Tinker...I cannot comment on your blog !

    ReplyDelete