Friday, January 15, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #192 Remember This Music? - The Wall by Pink Floyd

 
 
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This month all our CD Specials are special features which I introduced at our Kai. Several of those special features I published often other not often and that's also very true for this special feature which I will bring here today.


Logo CD Remember This Music?

This special feature was based on "Musical Memories"  and I called it "Carpe Diem, Remember This Music?" And as the title already said this new feature was  all about memories of music.
I think everyone has memories in which music plays a role. For example: My wife and I married on a song by Engelbert Humperdinck and I remember the first CD which I bought when the CD-player was introduced. That CD was by Leonard Cohen.
Recently I had a little (fun) fight with one of my colleagues about Pink Floyd. My colleague is a big fan of Pink Floyd and I said that I didn’t like their music except “The Wall”, she, however didn’t like that song/album and that amazed me.

For this CD Special I have a nice music video for you by Pink Floyd, yes The Wall, and I hope that this music will inspire you to write an all new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form.



 

Pink Floyd – The Wall is a 1982 British live-action/animated psychological horror musical film directed by Alan Parker with animated scenes by political cartoonist Gerald Scarfe, and is based on the 1979 Pink Floyd album of the same name. The film centers around a confined rocker named Floyd "Pink" Pinkerton, who after being driven into insanity by the death of his father and many depressive moments, constructs a metaphorical (and sometimes physical) wall to be protected from the world and emotional situations around him; when this coping mechanism backfires he demands himself free. The screenplay was written by Pink Floyd vocalist and bassist Roger Waters.
Like its musical companion, the film is highly metaphorical and symbolic imagery and sound are present most commonly. However, the film is mostly driven by music, and does not feature much dialogue. (Source: Wikipedia)
tearing down the walls
giving room to wild flowers
to color the earth
© Chèvrefeuille

This CD-Special is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until January 18th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, snow-viewing, later on.
 

3 comments:

  1. What AN ABSOLUTELY suberb haiku Chev! Really think one that resounds. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very potent one Krist, wild flowers certainly put a smile on the face of the earth rather walls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feature, Chevrefeuille. Love the inspired haiku.
    jen

    ReplyDelete