Monday, January 25, 2016

Carpe Diem Vernacular #2 autumn rains (herfstregenbuien)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

In our first episode of Carpe Diem Vernacular I promised you to publish an episode of this new feature every Saturday, but through lack of time I couldn't publish the second episode so I will do that today.

In this special feature the goal is to share haiku, tanka or another Japanese poetry form in your mother tongue or vernacular. And today I love to share a haiku on autumn rains with you.

just like last year
colourful leaves falling –
autumn rains

net als vorig jaar
vallen kleurrijke bladeren –
herfstregenbuien


© Chèvrefeuille


I am looking forward to read all of your wonderful haiku in your mother tongue or vernacular, of course with an English translation.

This episode of Carpe Diem Vernacular is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until February 1st at noon (CET). Have fun!


5 comments:

  1. I hope it's okay I put one up. English is my vernacular. Looking forward to seeing all the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the haiku and published in English also; hope that was okay :)
    jen / paloma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Jen. It's just for inspiration and I just like to read haiku in different languages. I am Always trying to read those foreign language haiku to sense the touch and deeper feeling in it.

      Delete