Friday, January 15, 2016

New Carpe Diem special feature


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It has been a while ago that I created a new CDHK special feature, but here it is ... Carpe Diem vernacular. What is the goal of this new special feature? Let me tell you ...

In the first 'try out' issue of our own e-zine Souchou I published a few Dutch haiku and I think it would be great to read haiku, tanka and other Japanese poetry forms in your 'vernacular' (a synonym for 'mother tongue') my dear Haijin.

Carpe Diem vernacular is especially created to give you all the opportunity to share your haiku in your mother tongue ... of course with an English translation. I will publish the first 'vernacular' episode tomorrow ...

diep is de stilte
zwerven over de bloeiende heide -
een leeuwerik zingt

© Chèvrefeuille

English translation:

deep silence
wandering over the heath -
song of a skylark

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you will like this new special feature.

Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille

7 comments:

  1. Hello Krist, are we to make submission for this prompt and where exactly are we to submit or to post it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first real Vernacular episode is NOW ONLINE Adjei with the possibility to link up.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your rapid response Krist.

      Delete
  2. It is wonderful to see the mother tongue and to see the different languages. English is my mother tongue so I will enjoy those that others post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. English is my mother tongue but I know Spanish. May I write one in that or is that not fulfilling the idea? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be my guest Carol. I just love to read haiku in another language. So feel free to share Spanish haiku. No problem at all.

      Delete