Monday, September 5, 2016

Carpe Diem #1045 departing spring


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Maybe it's a little bit strange to have departing spring for prompt today, because on the Northern Hemisphere we are running towards autumn and on the Southern Hemisphere spring is almost starting, so departing spring?

Let me tell you why I came to this choice. As I heard of Jane's passing away I was really sad. Jane a nice friend, my mentor and co-host had departed. Jane brought something new to my haiku as I got to know her. She brought beauty and simplicity into my haiku ... she gave my haiku new life. New life is spring, but now ... with the passing away of Jane ... that new life starts to depart from my haiku. It feels like a lack of inspiration, a writer's block ... so departing spring is to me more than what it says ... the ending of spring and the start of summer ... Will I get my summer? Will I get my spring, my new life back?

I am still in mourning, not only for my dad, but also so for Jane ... I will miss her as much as I miss my dad.

departing spring
to remember the words
I hum the tune

© Jane Reichhold

What a strong haiku. It gives words to what I am feeling. I read all of Jane Reichhold's books again and again to stay in tune with her spirit ... I have to remember her, we have to remember her here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, the weblog which she finds the best on the Internet.
I feel proud, but humble, that Jane Reichhold was part (and still is) of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Her spirit we will feel here as long as CDHK will exist ... and for sure I will cherish her spirit in everything I do here at CDHK.



in deep silence
drizzling rain
rustling of leaves

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope I have inspired you with this beauty written by Jane. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 10th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, dawn, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all.


7 comments:

  1. Very powerful and emotions post Chev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy with sound and movement in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite an interesting take on this kigo, to interpret it as a metaphor for loss

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristjaan, my heart goes out to you in missing Jane Reichhold, your friend and mentor. We are all saddened by her passing and grateful for her contributions to the art of haiku. May God comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a heartfelt post. Sending love and embraces to you, Kristjaan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carpe Diem Challenge # 1045 Departing Spring:

    waning moon
    flown with the departing spring
    warbler fledglings

    ReplyDelete
  7. We feel your pain and hope our haiku can bring comfort you in some way.
    Sending love to you Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete