Sunday, September 4, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #217 Dolores' 1st paintbrush flowers (tanka)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the first Carpe Diem Special of September 2016. This month our featured haiku poetess is Dolores from Ada's Poetry Alcove. Dolores was the winner of the last kukai "prayers" with the following haiku:

autumn evening
like whispered prayers
leaves float away


© Dolores

On her Google + account she says the following about herself in tanka-form:

Words are like pennies to me;
bright and shiny.
Discontent to be left jingling
within my pocket.
They must be spent.


Dolores is a very gifted poetess and she is one of the first participants of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. She started with haiku, but she also writes tanka.

For this first CD Special I have chosen a tanka for your inspiration. She created this tanka inspired on music by Karunesh titled Calling Wisdom.



Here is her tanka to inspire you:


paintbrush flowers
dancing on the hillside 
wind blows over reeds 
ancient chants resurrected 
sights and sounds of summer


© Dolores

The challenge for today's CD Special is to create a tanka (5 lines: respectively 5-7-5-7-7 syllables) inspired on this beauty by Dolores. Have fun!

faraway sounds
bring memories of childhood
laughing children
seeking for chestnuts
between colorful leaves

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 9th at noon (CET). I will post another regular episode immediately hereafter.


1 comment:

  1. I participate in another blog's haiku challenges. The blog's owner has opened it up for us to challenge other members and any other Poets interested in writing & sharing haiku.
    I will be initiating a Renga next month (October 2016) if any here are interested.
    I won't put the website because I don't want to be spammy, but if you think anyone would be interested, or if you are, Chèvrefeuille, please let me know.
    I am looking for someone to serve as Renga Master since I have no experience with the form. Likely I will study and learn by doing as usual.
    Thank you.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete