Monday, September 26, 2016

Carpe Diem #1065 stars


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

September is running towards its end, so our tribute to Jane month ends almost. In the last few weeks we found our inspiration in the modern kigo for New Year, Spring, Summer and Autumn extracted from Jane's "A Dictionary of Haiku".
In this last week of September we have only one season to go, winter. So all our prompts for this week are modern kigo for winter. Our prompt for today I think is wonderful, but not exclusively for winter although ... in winter the air is thin and bright so in winter we can see the stars better than in the other seasons.
Rise like a phoenix
Stars ... what to say about stars? Maybe its a coincidence, but last year (2015) September 26th we had a nice episode about "Phoenix", a constellation and as I was preparing this episode I looked back at that episode and extracted my haiku from that episode to share here again.

like a phoenix
the sun rises every day again
conquering the night
phoenix spreads its wings
after the dark cold winter night
finally spring
© Chèvrefeuille
What an awesome month that was back in 2015, but let us go now into the future, today our prompt is stars and these are the haiku which Jane Reichhold created as examples for this modern kigo for winter.
silence
the dust of stars'
shining radiance
a few flakes
still falling
stars
soul bathing
in hot springs
desert stars

cold stars
dropping into the ocean
snowflakes

 
before one star
beams from the lighthouse
search the sky
into the sky
notes from the harp
light stars
All wonderful haiku (by Jane) extracted from both the printed version and the online version of Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku". 
I hope all these beauties have inspired you to create haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form. I wasn't inspired enough, so I re-share a haiga which I created back in April.


And here are two tanka, not really my "cup of tea", but sometimes I love to use that form and I think this "cascading" tanka is nice to share here.

the heavenly river
seen in the middle of the night
giving birth
to billions of stars
the Milky Way
through the broken window
I think of Galileo Galilei -
the sun in the middle
Earth is dancing around him -
the heavenly river
© Chèvrefeuille
Well ... I hope you did like this episode and that Jane (and maybe me) have inspired you to write /create a new haiku or tanka.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 1st at noon (CET), I will (try to) publish our new episode, beach, later on. Have fun!
 

2 comments: