- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Carpe Diem #1053 worship
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
Welcome at a new episode of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. This month we honor Jane Reichhold (1937-2016) a tribute to Jane month. Through modern kigo extracted from her "A Dictionary of Haiku" I hope to inspire you all to create a haiku or tanka to honor Jane Reichhold. Today our modern kigo is worship and Jane wrote a few wonderful examples of this modern kigo:
in the beginning
all spirit - all holy
a world boat
to a beach of stones
we carry a boat of blossom
afloat of prayers
of ancestor offerings
ready to sail
© Jane Reichhold
As you can read in the above haiku, Jane was a very spiritual being and her haiku are surely rooted in the ancient Japanese culture.