Monday, September 26, 2016

Carpe Diem #1066 beach


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am busy with creating our new prompt-list for next month, October. In this month we will celebrate our 4th anniversary and I think I have created a wonderful list to make this month a real celebration. I hope to publish our new list later on this week.

Today our modern kigo for inspiration is, a not so common one for the time of year we are now in (virtually) winter .... and that makes it a modern kigo I think. Agaian I have chosen a few haiku by Jane Reichhold which she created as examples for our prompt of today ... beach ...

Winter beach
And here are the haiku by Jane to inspire you:

the beach is clean
with new driftwood
winter storms


the cold wind
now part of the day
at the beach

winter beach
widened by the tide
and a lone gull


the swish of surf
falling snowflakes
have a sound 

winter beach
in thin white clouds
thoughts of snow


February sun
lying on the nude beach
fully clothed


All wonderful, the last three are extracted from the online version of Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku".

Winter beach

The beach in winter ... here in The Netherlands walking on the beach is mostly like wrestling against the wind. Winter's are wet and cold and mostly without snow ...

snow?
the beach covered with foam
last night's storm


torn apart clothes
thrown against a beach pole
a winter's love


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... it is now up to you. I hope Jane and I have inspired you.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 1st at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, poetry reading, later on. For now .... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment