Monday, September 12, 2016

Carpe Diem #1052 Happiness


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today our prompt sounds maybe controversial in this tribute to Jane month, but I think she is also honored through happiness, because she was a woman who was always (notwithstanding her illness) positive and full of happiness. So I couldn't think of a tribute month without her happiness.

We all know Jane as the haiku and tanka connoisseur, but she was more than that. She was an amazing artist with pottery, beads and she created wonderful dolls.

Jane's pottery
a great gift
a day on the beach
given to me

© Jane Reichhold

Or what do you think of her wonderful beads-art:

Beads-art by Jane reichhold, this piece is titled : Saturday Night
curve of a heel
rising with my happiness
waving grass

© Jane Reichhold

Jane loved to make dolls and she even has created a special weblog for them at blogspot. You can find "Jane's Dolly Daze" by clicking the link. She really was a multi-talented artist, but here at CDHK we will remember her as the Queen of Haiku and Tanka. But ... don't forget that she was more than that.

Gracie, one of the dolls made by Jane Reichhold
same style
the blue dress worn more
than the black

summer fresh
my hair washed 
in sunshine

© Jane Reichhold

All the above haiku are taken from "A Dictionary of Haiku" a saijiki created by Jane Reichhold with modern kigo (seasonwords). These haiku are from the part of Summer Moods kigo "happiness". I hope I have inspired you ... or ... no I have to say "I hope that Jane has inspired you".


on the wings of birds
the faint reflection of the sunset -
the sound of the wind
shadows on the wall
one single candle shines its light
towards the world
after the rainstorm
I sit down on the porch
smelling the fresh air
© Chèvrefeuille


I hope you did like this episode in which I told you a little bit about Jane, she was not only a haiku and tanka poet, but also a great creative artist as we have seen above.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 17th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, worship, later on.

Have fun!


6 comments:

  1. Posts keep getting better and better. Your haiku and Jane's fit well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great visit... needed some haiku today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathing in happiness within your haiku, Chèvrefeuille...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many dimensions of happiness here :)
    I love your middle haiku Kristjaan - it's so much hope and happiness!
    "one single candle shines its light" is so beautiful it almost hurts (in a good way)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful post... your haiku and Jane's haiku made me smile ... and it was great to finally see some of her sculptures. And the dolls ... well, that brought back happy memories, too, as Peanut is sitting on my mantle.

    http://janesdollydaze.blogspot.nl/2016/04/i-have-so-much-time-waiting-for-fabric.html

    Such a nice tribute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting asides about Jane, luv the doll

    much love...

    ReplyDelete