Thursday, September 29, 2016

Carpe Diem #1069 leafless trees


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the last episode of our tribute to Jane month. With this last episode I conclude the last modern kigo of winter extracted from Jane's "A Dictionary of Haiku". It was a real joy to create this tribute month and I hope you all have that same feeling. Of course Jane will be part of CDHK forever and not only in spirit, but also in a new weekly special feature "Universal Jane" which I will launch next month as we celebrate our 4th anniversary. You can find our celebration prompt-list above in the menu.

Today leafless trees is our prompt and I think that needs no further explanation, because leafless trees we all know ... therefore I will share the haiku by Jane to inspire you immediately hereafter.

from the wind
the flute lesson
of a bare tree

wood smoke
shaping the radiant bodies
of trees in winter

in the clearing
hovering a circle of trees
their halos

© Jane Reichhold

Leafless trees (image found on Pinterest)
Again not a very long episode, but I am preparing myself for a new study, so I hadn't time enough to create a longer episode.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 4th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our new episode, the first of our celebration month, later on. Have fun!


2 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful that you have had a tribute month for Jane. I have enjoyed it immensely.You may have had a very good friend in Jane but conversely, she was lucky to have the same in you and I am sure her friendship with you enriched the last years of her life.
    Thank you for all the work you do on this blog.I know I speak for everyone when I say we all appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristjaan, I am unable to see the little linky widget on my computer so please here is the link to my post on leafless tree. Thank you.

    https://readinpleasure.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/carpe-diem-leafless-tree/

    ReplyDelete