Friday, September 30, 2016

Carpe Diem Imagination with Paul Militaru #1 rest


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at our fourth anniversary month, October 2016. As you can see I have created an all new celebration logo for this month, but I have a few new logos too to present to you ...

Four years ago I started Carpe Diem Haiku Kai just for fun and pleasure. Then I hadn't thought that four years later Carpe Diem Haiku Kai would be still alive. Imagine ... as I started CDHK for fun and you would have asked me were I would be in the future, say 5 years later, than I would have said "I don't know, but this daily meme would be gone". I really couldn't dreamed that CDHK will be alive and kicking, but ... as we celebrate this month our 4th anniversary than I am happy, proud, but also humble. "Who am I that I can do this. Who am I still your host at CDHK. Thank you all.

Today we will start with our first guest of this month, Paul Militaru, a very gifted poet, but also a wonderful photographer. Paul has given me permission to use photos created by him to inspire you here at CDHK.
For this month I have re-created our special CD feature Imagination, in which I tried to inspire you through images, photos and more. This month I have titled that "old special feature" Carpe Diem Imagination With Paul Militaru.

This month's special logo for CD Imagination with Paul Militaru. (Background image found on Pinterest)
On his weblog: Paul Militaru Photography Portfolio he says the following about him self:

[...] "The first school I’ve finished was University of Construction, beeing construction engineer, and the second one was University of Mathematics and Computer Science.After this one I’ve done Master in Computer Science.
The last school was Arts and Technical Photography.The photography fascinated me from childhood, and the first camera, was a Smena, a russian camera on film.I’ve started to shoot in 1983.
Today I use DSLR cameras, but I don’t forget the film cameras, so I shoot on film even today.One day I’ll post photos done on film.
The conclusion is I love to learn, to read, and of course visual arts.I like paintings and pictures, classical and crossover music, I like mountains and the sea, everything is beautiful.
My vision in photography is a little bit different from others, I prefer to set my camera as perfectly as I can, and to use software (Lightroom or Photoshop), for little rares and to put my name on it.
I use different cameras, from Olympus, Pentax to Nikon or Canon fullframe for digital photography and on film from Voigtlander to Nikon even Russian cameras, and be sure I love them all." [...]

Please visit his weblog for wonderful photos ... he owns that honor, because he gave us CDHK the opportunity to celebrate our fourth anniversary.

Here is the first photo to inspire you:

"Rest" © Paul Militaru
Here is my haiku inspired on this photo:

the cooing of pigeons
no longer resonates through the street
peaceful end of day

© Chèvrefeuille

Let this photo inspire you and please, if you use the photo for your post give Paul Militaru credit for it. Thank you Paul that I may use your photos to inspire the Carpe Diem Haiku Family members in thsi celebration month.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 5th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, pen and inkstone, later on. For now .... have fun!!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for those very kind words. You have done do much for your band of followers over the years!
    I cannoy imagine a day without CDHK. Thanks a lot mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carpe Diem Imagination with Paul Militaru # 1 Rest:

    growing colder
    cooing pigeons huddle
    in the warm mow

    ReplyDelete