Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Carpe Diem #1060 twilight


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day in "haiku paradise" were we are honoring Jane Reichhold with an exclusive tribute to Jane month in which I use only modern kigo extracted from Jane's saijiki "A Dictionary of Haiku", mostly the printed version, but sometimes the online version on AHA-poetry, Jane's own website.

Today I love to start this episode with a song from the soundtrack of the movie-series "The Twilight Saga" based on the novels by Stephanie Meyer. I don't have read her novels or have seen the movies, but I ran into a wonderful piece of music from the soundtrack. (Video made by: Fueled by Ramen; the musicians are: Paramore performing "decode" from the soundtrack of Twilight Saga the movies)


Of course I don't know the taste of music of you all or Jane's music taste, but I think this music is awesome and fits the "twilight" prompt for today. Of course the haiku by Jane to inspire you have nothing to do with vampires and werewolves, because that's the theme of the Twilight Saga.

Twilight ... that small time between the ending of the day and the beginning of the night with its deepblue, almost black, color. The last sunbeams disappear behind the horizon and the reflected light of the sun that let shine the moon starts to glow ... awesome time, mysterious, but also very spiritual in my opinion. In the twilight I feel the magic and energy of nature of the spirits around us ... the twilight gives new energy and gives us the opportunity to rest and recover to welcome a new dawn.

Here are the haiku by Jane which she uses as an example for this modern kigo "twilight":

darkness slipping in
water that cannot be still
twilight

nautical twilight
the sea gives its last light
to the sky

twilight
among early stars
sea bird's cry

© Jane Reichhold

Twilight
How to accomplish this beautiful series by Jane Reichhold, the Queen of Haiku and Tanka ... I really don't know. So I dived into my archives to search for a few haiku I wrote on "twilight" ...

in the twilight
only the song of cicadas -
my love's breathing

in the twilight
mist creeps over the fields -
stars twinkle *

in the twilight
as stars twinkle bright and clear
Honeysuckle perfume

© Chèvrefeuille

* this one was the "hokku" of our first Renga Party back in August 2015 you can re-read this renga HERE.

I hope Jane (and maybe myself) inspires you to create an all new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 25th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, waterfall, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share!


6 comments:

  1. Carpe Diem Challenge # 1060 Twilight:

    twilight
    on the bridge in lantern glow
    your face

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your haiku are exquisite .... and Jane's "darkness" haiku catches my breath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like how "fluid" your last haiku is when I read it - sometimes it's the stars that are "bright and clear", sometimes it's the honeysuckle perfume..

    ReplyDelete