Thursday, March 13, 2014

Carpe Diem #421, Hoju-ji (Temple 62)



Dear O-Henro ... Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Yesterday I posted a small post about changes ... and it touched me that you all were concerned about my wellbeing ... that touched me deep in my heart and soul ... that's a kind of love you share with me and I appreciate that very much. Maybe a daily haiku-meme is to much for one guy, but I love doing it. One of your ideas was to write smaller posts or invite guest-writers. I will try to write shorter posts and I will think about the guest-idea, because I like that idea. Earlier this month one of our family-members gave me the idea to write more prompts in the same post ... to get more time for myself and that's also something which I will think over.

Hoju-ji (temple 62)

Today we visit Hoju-ji, the 62th temple on our Shikoku Pilgrimage devoted to Juichimen Kannon the Boddhisattva of Compassion and one of the deities which we have seen already on our pilgrimage. Hoju-ji is situated in the city called Saijo. This city is wellknown by its fountains and it's said that the water in Saijo is "holy". All those fountains, especially Kobosui (named after Kobo Daishi), are frequented by pilgrims.

Uchinuki, the flowing artesian well

To end this episode I have to write a haiku of course,

compassionate
Buddha leads me to the source
my Inner Self

(c) Chèvrefeuille

And another one ...

sound of falling water
the silence of the night deepens -
a Nightingale's song

(c) Chèvrefeuille

I hope you all liked this post and I hope it inspires you all to write new haiku. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 16th 11.59 AM (CET). I will (try to) post our new episode, Kichijo-ji (temple 63), later on today.

5 comments:

  1. As said before, your haiku these days are systematically amazing! Every singly day. Another beautifully rich post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write haiku so beautiful.. the nightingale's song.. really a great scene you paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words, 'sound of falling water,' led me to my haiga! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a huge time commitment. I only do one link up a week and it is intense some weeks. Love your Haiku. Thanks for hosting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. water falling, exquisite! such rich images

    ReplyDelete